If sugaring is your preferred DIY hair removal technique, did you know that you don’t have to fork out a lot for professional sugaring pastes as it’s quick and easy to make yourself using just a few common ingredients that you probably already have at home. If you’re already using our sugaring paste recipe we have an even easier one that you can whip up in minutes using just sugar, honey, lemon juice and a microwave.
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Put all of the ingredients into a large microwaveable bowl and mix them together well.
- Heat the mixture in a microwave at high power for around 2 minutes stopping every 20 seconds to stir until it reaches the desired consistency.
- Leave the mixture to cool a bit before transferring it to a container for it to fully cool down. This sugaring paste should keep for a few months.
- The sugaring paste should not be too hard or watery after you’ve microwaved it (remember the paste will thicken slightly though when it’s cold). If it’s too hard, add a tablespoon of water to it, microwave it for 10 seconds and stir. Keep repeating this process until the mixture becomes of the desired consistency.
- After microwaving, you can test the sugaring paste to see if it is of a good consistency by using a glass of ice cold water and by dropping a teaspoon of the sugaring paste into it. Take out the sugaring paste from the water with your hand and if you can roll it into a ball then the sugaring paste is ready.
- A teaspoon of guar gum can be quickly stirred into the sugaring paste once it’s ready as this will help preserve the sugaring paste for longer if you intend to keep it for use at a later date.
Hope you’ll find this microwave sugaring paste recipe easy to use but if you prefer to use a professional paste for sugaring, check out our recommendations for professional sugaring pastes.
Please feel free to leave a comment below to let us know how you got along with this recipe or if you’d like to share a sugaring paste recipe of your own!