Who hates store-bought shaving creams and gels with all their nasty chemicals? If your answer is yes, then this homemade shaving cream recipe is just for you. Made with all natural ingredients, it’s great for us lovely ladies as well as men too and will leave your skin feeling soft and supple. It’s easy and quick to whip up yourself at home and also makes a great present!
- 2/3 cup unrefined shea butter (buy from Amazon)
- 2/3 cup coconut oil (buy from Amazon)
- 6 drops essential oil of your choice
- Melt the coconut oil in a small pot on a stove on the lowest heat stirring occasionally.
- Put the unrefined shea butter in a large bowl and whip it by hand or with a mixer whilst slowly adding the melted coconut oil until well incorporated.
- Add the drops of essential oil to the mixture and beat for a few minutes until fluffy.
- Voilà! Your shaving cream is ready for use now or can be stored in a jar in a cool dry place and should keep for up to a year.
Hope you’ll enjoy making and using this shaving cream and be sure to check out our shaving tips for women so you can have nick-free, gorgeous skin.
Also please feel free to leave a comment below to let us know how you got along with this recipe or if you’d like to share a homemade shaving cream recipe of your own!